Our classes run before and after school at 16 schools throughout Brisbane.
Speak Up Studio partners with schools who believe in the power of drama, and who see the advantages of offering a drama program on site, for the benefit of their students. Classes are held before or after school, and are open to students from within the school community, and beyond. Please see the list below to find out what room your child’s class will be held in. If you are not familiar with the school, we suggest you ask for directions at the office upon arrival.
- Bardon State School (music room)
- Dutton Park State School ( music room)
- Graceville State School (music room)
- Holy Family Indooroopilly (parish hall)
- Ithaca Creek State School (library)
- Kelvin Grove State College (underneath A Block)
- Newmarket State School (library)
- Northgate State School (library)
- Our Lady of Dolours Stafford (flexible learning space)
- Queen of Apostles Stafford (Japanese room & multi purpose room)
- Redeemer Lutheran College Rochdale (library)
- Red Hill Studio (wonderland studio)
- St Joseph’s Corinda (music room)
- St Joseph’s Bardon (LOTE room)
- St Joseph’s Nundah (Nolan Hall)
- Sherwood State School (music room)
- The Gap State School (resource centre)
Do you wish your school had a Speech and Drama program on site?
Speak Up Studio is growing, and we would love to host classes at your child’s school! Our before and after school classes are easy for schools to host, as all the administration and management is done by our wonderful team. Speak Up Studio greatly values being part of each of our school communities, and is delighted to provide our services and expertise to support school events – Speak Up teachers often pop into Book Week or under 8’s day celebrations to bring the joy of drama and stories to the wider school community.
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to tell us about your school, and why you’d think it would be great to have a Speech and Drama program on site
- We will send you an information pack to pass onto the school
- We will work with you to schedule a time to meet the school principal, at this meeting we will decide three things:
- A day for the classes (we prefer a day that does not have too many clashes with band, choir etc)
- A time for the classes (our classes are timed to start and finish with the school bells)
- A venue for the classes (a music room is perfect for us!)
- Once all the details have been decided, we can have a program up and running within 1 month!
Up Next: Important Dates
See what’s on at Speak Up Studio throughout the year