Terms and Conditions
Enrolling at Speak Up Studio is simple.
- Enrol at the start of each school term (enrolments are accepted up to week 4)
- You will remain enrolled until you tell us otherwise (from term to term and year to year)
- Payments are easy, predictable, and all inclusive
Our fees are charged monthly all year round. The full fee for the year is simply divided up into 12 equal payments. There are three payments per term, paid over the four school terms. Included in your automatic monthly payments are:
- weekly classes (8 lessons each term with flexible make up lessons available)
- Imagination Festival (our mid year performance at the end of term two)
- Exam fees (including individual feedback in term three)
- Annual Concert (including extended classes in term four, theatre hire, dress rehearsal and costume hire)
- Uniform shirt (to make sure each child feels like a special part of their group)
- A bright purple library folder (for resources and progress badges)
- Insurances, registration fee & GST
- free events for Speak Up Kids (including our Birthday Party in May and our Harry Potter Halloween Party in October)
The monthly fee differs depending on the program. Fee information is available on the Speak Up website.
When you enrol, you pay your first of three payments for the term.
- Your credit card details will be stored in our secure system
- Your credit card will be charged automatically around the 15th of the month
- If we are unable to process your payment, you will be charged a dishonour fee of $15
If you enrol after classes have started you may be invited to attend make up lessons, or your fee may be prorated. We will discuss this with you when you enrol.
Cancellation of Enrolment
Your child will remain enrolled from term to term and year to year until you tell us otherwise
- Cancel at the end of any school term (we will send you a reminder)
- Cancel at any time by providing 30 days notice
- Be sure to fill in the withdrawal form (https://speakupstudio.com.au/withdrawal)
- If we don’t hear from you you will remain enrolled
- Students will be automatically enrolled into each new level
One Month Guarantee
Speak Up does not offer trial lessons to new students as we do not believe it is possible for a child to get a full understanding of what our programs are like in just one lesson. We offer a one month guarantee instead.
- Enrol and pay your first monthly payment
- Come along to classes for four weeks and let us know if you have any concerns
- We will do our best to help, perhaps by suggesting a different class or a different level
- If the perfect class can’t be found, let us know and we will cancel your enrolment and you won’t be charged any more for the term (if a second monthly payment has come out during this time, it will be refunded)
Speak Up Studio also offers workshops during the school holidays.
- Payment for workshops is required at the time of enrolling
- Workshop bookings are non-refundable
- It may be possible to switch into a similar workshop on a different day if you can’t make it
- If we cancel a workshop we will offer you a place in a similar workshop, or provide a refund
Late Collection Fees
Our teachers will not leave children unattended. If you are late to pick up your child, you will be charged $10 per ten minutes. Late fees will be automatically debited from your credit card.
Speak Up Studio also offers birthday parties.
- You will be asked to pay a non-refundable $100 deposit when you book
- The rest of the party must be paid for 3 days before the party
- Our standard party is for 12 children. If unexpected children turn up on the day we will not stop them from participating and you will be charged $11 per child.
- As we often photograph our beautiful parties, it is important that parents and caregivers are aware that their children may be filmed or photographed while participating in Speak Up Studio parties. It is the responsibility of the parent or caregiver paying for the party to communicate this to parents or caregivers of children attending the party
- If scheduling changes are made by Speak Up Studio that affect your birthday party booking, we may offer an alternate day for the booking. If an alternate day cannot be agreed upon or arranged we will provide a refund
We are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people and will endeavour to provide a safe and supportive environment for children and young people by:
- treating our students with respect, understanding and by addressing their concerns as soon they arise
- ensuring that all of our staff and volunteers hold current Blue Cards
- enforcing a strict code of conduct for all of the Speak Up Studio community
- providing clear dispute resolution mechanisms
- making our child and youth risk management strategy available to all members of the Speak Up Studio community,
- ensuring that our programs are engaging and age-appropriate for students
- limiting the size of our programs, to ensure that teacher to student ratios are appropriate
- creating an inclusive environment within our studio
- creating a positive and supportive teaching program that encourages the emotional and social development of our students, and
- providing a high level of ongoing support and training to our teachers
Unacceptable behaviour and/or language will not be tolerated. Speak Up Studio reserves the right to refuse any student or parents who presents a disciplinary problem to staff or a threat to the safety and wellbeing of other children or parents.
Parent Code of Conduct
By enrolling your child with Speak Up Studio, you agree to be bound by the Parents’ Code of Conduct. Parents have a responsibility to:
- drop off and pick up children in a timely manner
- accompany children to and from classes, workshops and events (due to safety concerns, children are not permitted to walk to and from the carpark or the road unaccompanied)
- alert Speak Up Studio of any concerns as soon as they arise
- encourage your child to follow Speak Up Studio’s rules, and to work hard in class
- never ridicule your child for making a mistake
- respect decisions made by Speak Up Studio staff, especially with regard to script selection and casting
- not force your child to participate in Speak Up Studio’s programs
- take an interest in your child’s learning, and
- respond to communication from the studio in a timely manner
Parents have the right to:
- receive feedback on a student’s progress
- ask questions or raise concerns about Speak Up Studio’s programs, or student progress, and
- have personal information treated confidentially, so that privacy is respected.
Student Code of Conduct
Students have a responsibility to:
- demonstrate a willingness to learn and participate in Speak Up Studio’s programs
- behave appropriately, using acceptable language at all times
- treat other students as they would like to be treated
- report inappropriate behaviour, unsafe situations and harm, and
- participate for their enjoyment and not just to appease their parents
Students have the right to:
- feel safe, respected and understood
- be supervised by a responsible adult at all times
- be included regardless of abilities
- be listened to and to be able to ask questions if they don’t understand something
- be involved in decisions that affect them
- have their best interests considered, and
- be free from harassment, bullying or abuse of any kind
Speak Up Studio is committed to safeguarding your privacy. The Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) governs the ways in which we must manage you and your child’s personal information.
When enrolling, enquiring or registering, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Information about your child or other details will be used to help with your experience at Speak Up Studio.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use the website, or use certain other website features in the following ways:
- To provide feedback about how your child is progressing
- To provide updates about events that your child is invited to participate in
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To quickly process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your enrolment or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone enquiries)
- Your personal information will not be shared with third parties
You acknowledge that Speak Up Studio have used their best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate but you acknowledge and agree that Speak Up Studio accepts no responsibility and disclaims all liability in the event of any error, misrepresentation or inaccuracy of such information. You acknowledge having made your own enquiries with respect to the information contained herein prior to agreeing to be bound by these rules, terms and conditions.
Personal Injury/ Property Damage Indemnity
You warrant that your child is medically sound to undertake and participate in classes at Speak Up Studio. You hereby give consent for your child to participate in any and all programs and activities and you accept all risks associated with participation in our classes, workshops, or activities.
In consideration for your child’s participation, you agree that your child attends class at your sole risk and responsibility and you agree to indemnify Speak Up Studio and its employees, contractors, directors, volunteers and representatives from any liability, loss or damage or any other claim associated with the attendance of your child at Speak Up Studio classes, workshops or activities.
You agree to hold harmless, waive and release Speak Up Studio and its employees, contractors, directors, volunteers and representatives from liability as a result of personal injury or property damage occurring while your child are in attendance at a Speak Up Studio class, workshop or activity.
You agree that Speak Up Studio’ liability to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss, injury or damage suffered by you or your child, howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise, it limited to the amount of consideration paid by you for the services provided under this Agreement.
Children may be filmed or photographed while participating in classes or studio activities. This material may be published in Speak Up Studio printed publications and online (including on the Speak Up Studio website and Facebook page.) Images may also be supplied to third parties (eg. Local newspapers) for promotional purposes. Speak Up Studio has comprehensive policies on the use of images of children.
If you do not wish your child to be filmed or photographed or used in publications or for media purposes, you must advise Speak Up Studio in writing prior to your child’s first class.
Emergency Medical Treatment Indemnity
In the event of an accident or emergency, you hereby authorise and grant permission for Speak Up Studio and its employees, contractors, directors, volunteers and representatives to take whatever action may be necessary in the event of an emergency in the event that you or your child’s emergency contact person cannot be contacted, and you release and hold Speak Up Studio and its employees, contractors, directors, volunteers and representatives harmless in connection with any such action taken or for any omission made by Speak Up Studio.
Payment is deducted from your nominated credit card/ bank account each month. Generally, monthly payments will be debited on or around the 15th of each month, however this may vary from time to time.
You authorise Speak Up Studio via this facility to:
- automatically debit your nominated credit card on each month
- continue to debit your nominated credit card/bank account each month until your child’s enrolment with Speak Up Studio withdrawn, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
You understand that a Withdrawal of Enrolment form is required to terminate billing.
Late Payment Fees/ Debt Recovery
In the event that a debit is dishonoured, or you fail to pay any amount due and owing to Speak Up Studio by the due date, you will be charged a $15 dishonour fee.
In the event that a payment due and owing to Speak Up Studio remains outstanding for a period of 30 days, Speak Up Studio may commence legal proceedings against you for recovery of the debt.
You agree to indemnify Speak Up Studio against any legal fees (on a client and solicitor basis) incurred by the Speak Up Studio in recovering payment of the debt from you, including any interest payable on the debt.